She’s quoted saying:
Green Goddess Zoodles
For Kale Pesto:
10 kale leaves, stems removed
1 tablespoon pine nuts
½ clove garlic, chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
You will also need:
- Large bowl of water
- Ice cubes
For Zoodles (serves ~3)
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup shelled frozen edamame
1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1 cup kale leaves
½ cup sliced almonds
For Kale pesto:
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water
- Wash the kale and remove the ribs.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Blanch the kale for about 3 minutes, remove and place in the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Drain, place the leaves on paper towels and blot away the moisture.
- In the bowl of a food processor, put the kale, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan
and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and continue to pulse until the kale pesto reaches the desired consistency.
- Defrost the edamame and broccoli
- Wash the zucchini and spiralize into noodles.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and chili powder
- Add the zoodles, broccoli and kale and saute for 2 minutes or until tender
- Add the the edamame, season with salt and pepper and saute for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss the zucchini noodles in the pesto until it’s evenly coated
- Top with almonds and enjoy!
Chicken Zoodle Soup
Ingredients (serves ~4):
6 cups chicken broth or stock
2 medium onions, diced
1 cup of baby carrots, sliced into ~1/2-inch pieces
1 cup celery, sliced into ½ inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
Dash of salt and pepper (to your liking)
½ cup of chopped parsley
2 Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (~3 oz per serving)
4 medium zucchini
- Heat chicken stock over medium heat with onions, carrots, celery, and garlic for about 30 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and parsley.
- Run the zucchini through the spiralizer to make “noodles.” Chop them in half to make them more manageable
- Add chicken and zucchini to the broth and heat through.
View the original piece placement on Zola.